Southern Equestrian Park Trust All-Weather Arena
Southern Equestrian Park Trust (SEPT) – 2012 User Group Document
SEPT wishes to advise that it is satisfied that the necessary ‘consolidation and settling’ of the arena has now taken place, following several successful equestrian events having been run on the arena since it’s opening in February 2012. Apart from minimal maintenance, the arena is ready for full use.
- All costs outlined below are GST inclusive.
- This year SEPT is pleased to be able to offer all equestrian enthusiasts the opportunity of paying a “Family Membership” fee of $138.00 per annum for the use of the arena. This will enable a family to come and make use of the arena for as many times as they wish throughout the financial year without the necessity of paying a casual fee of $10.00 per time per horse.
- This membership will be for up to three members of one family (ie Mum and two children, three children from one family, husband and wife, etc). SEPT stipulates at the time of paying your membership fee that you supply your contact details and the names of those family members who propose to use the arena. If you have anymore than three members of your family who wish to use the arena, there will be an additional fee of $34.50 per annum plus GST payable for those family members.
- Membership will run from 1 July 2012 to 30 June 2013. Invoices for renewal will be sent out the following season, unless we receive advice to the contrary. This timeframe is also the financial year.
- Membership fees can be paid to either Bevin Roy (Caretaker) or Jane Allen (Secretary). You will be issued with a receipt and membership number for the financial year.
- We anticipate that you will NOT need to book for this usage, as there should be sufficient room on the arena to accommodate all riders.
- This season we anticipate having several training fences out for use, and a separate area for flat work use at the north end of the arena.
The following rules and recommendations will remain in force
- A casual hire rate of $10.00 will still apply for those not wanting to take advantage of the family membership.
Use of the arena will be at the discretion of the Southern Equestrian Park Trustees.
All bookings for casual use are to be made through the Caretaker, Bevin Roy on 027 644 9909. Bookings for User Group arena use during the coming season should also be made through Bevin.
Casual hire rate of $10.00 per horse/pony per session will be charged. Arena hire monies to be placed in an envelope provided at the caretaker’s workshop and put through the “slot” in the door, or alternatively given to the caretaker.
All User Groups who utilize the grounds for competition, clinics, etc will be charged $5.00 per horse per day. This includes the all weather, main ring and grass areas hire:
Payment for those horses/ponies using the all weather arena should be made to SEPT.
Payment for those horses/ponies using the main ring and grass areas should be made to the Joint Management Committee.
It would be appreciated if payment and details of specific usage could be forwarded to the Secretary, within the following calendar month following /clinic competition use. ‘Specific usage’ should confirm the numbers of horses competing on each particular surface during the days of competition (ie 65 horses competing both days of a two day competition using the all weather arena should equate to $650 and should be paid to SEPT) and/or alternatively (35 horses – day one and 25 horses – day two [total 60 horses for the two days] using the main ring and grass area should equate to $300 and be payable to the Joint Management Committee). If you are unsure, please do not hesitate to contact the Secretary for clarification. Phone/Fax (03) 208 4057.
Payment can be made by direct credit, sending confirmation by email to the Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) of numbers, or by cheque to the Secretary, Gore A & P Association, PO Box 79, Gore 9740, detailing numbers on the back of the cheque. If you wish to pay by direct credit please contact the Secretary for the various bank account details (ie Gore A & P Association, Joint Management Committee and SEPT).
Charges to User Groups for yard and loose box hire during competition use will be as follows:
$10.00 per horse per weekend (one, two or three nights) yard hire (payable to SEPT)
$10.00 per horse per night loose box hire (payable to Gore A & P Assn).
Care of the arena is the responsibility of the user while under their use.
Signage around the arena is to be followed ie remove all manure from arena immediately and certainly by the end of each competition day (in the bins provided); don’t tie to fence; ride with a safety helmet at all times, etc
No fast work. Respect for other users’ safety is paramount.
Please keep vehicles and horses off the grass.
Boxes (BUT NOT YARDS) can be used free of charge to accommodate horses for family membership and casual use of the arena ONLY, while other horses are being ridden on the arena. BOXES TO BE LEFT CLEAN.
Entry to SEPT arena will be via the south barred gates only.
Vehicle entry to the Showgrounds to utilize the SEPT arena will be via Salford Street entrance. In the event these gates are locked, entry can be gained via Bury Street.
In order for the arena surface to function optimally it requires maintenance throughout the day during competition. A light set of tyne harrows, to be towed behind a motorbike, would be available and located by the arena upon consultation with the caretaker.
It would be expected that at least a minimum of ONCE during each competition day, and at the completion of the day, this harrowing is done.
The caretaker will undertake maintenance of the arena at the completion of a competition, but it is NOT his responsibility during the competition.
Let’s all enjoy this facility by working together, being honest and respectful to all users.